Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home Away from Home~

In 2003, my brother was diagnosed with a brain tumor and given a grim prognosis. The news was devestating! They were a young family at the time with four children under 5, the youngest being just nine months old. After seeking a second opinion from an expert at Duke University, hope was renewed and surgery was scheduled. My parents, my siblings, and some extended family made the wintery trip to be with my brother and his family during this difficult time.

Lodging and food were being discussed when someone informed us that Terri, a friend of the family, had offered her house as a home away from home. We were overwhelmed with gratitude!

This papercutting was gifted in thanksgiving to Terri, and commemorates family togetherness. A moment when all came together as one big family in support of my brother, his wonderful wife and their innocent little kiddos.

My brother is still fighting the good fight with his wife and kids right there with him. Nothing trumps family...nothing!

Blessings to you, Terri! You are an angel~

1 comment:

  1. I was recently honored to give permission to the lady that owns the house to use the papercutting as her Christmas card this year. It is rewarding to witness the cycle of small kindnesses in action. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome~