Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sweet Dreams~

In 1989 while I was away at college, I found a job as a housekeeper for a wonderful couple, John and Jane, who had high social status. I needed to pay my tuition, so I accepted the job without previewing the property. When I arrived for my first day of work, I stood numb at the end of the driveway in disbelief. They lived in a magnificent old Victorian with 3 floors and a full basement. Even the porches offered a sense of welcoming solace. I was thrilled! I had found the job of a lifetime! A tiny piece of my Victorian-living dream had finally come true.
In one of the guest rooms on the second floor, there were ornate matching beds similar to this one. They were bedecked in the finest linens with antique quilts hanging on quilt racks at the foot of each bed.
This papercut brings back such fond memories. Resor Place was glory at its finest, and John and Jane made it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome~